Friday, November 15, 2013

Motion

I wrote the track Motion very soon after I had surgery for my torn patella tendon (Football injury, the real Football!!). After two weeks of heavy painkillers and no movement in my injured leg at all, I was finally allowed to unlock my leg brace for some very minor leg bending therapy. This track expresses my incredible joy of being able to, even though only limited, moving my leg on my own at that time. The Joy totally overcame the pain that was attached to the movement. I felt like running, dancing, just simply skipping around. It was a memory that became a life changer in terms of appreciation for everything we take for granted, like simply moving your leg!
I chose a piano line that is very upbeat rhythmical and constantly moving. The chorus speaks for itself. The melodic line (which I hopefully will hopefully soon record as a solo trumpet) expresses the whole range of joy I had that day with of course the realization to come down to reality, facing the road of physical therapy for my almost up to date full recovery. Forcing the melodic line to roll down to initiate the dance groove once more.
 I have a very special attachment to all my tracks, but this one will remind me always of the simple joy to move freely!!

https://soundcloud.com/ashoka-trance/motion-range

No comments:

Post a Comment